|COMMUNITY BOAT DOCK REGULATIONS|
These regulations and pier maintenance fees apply to LTPOA owned facilities operated
as community boat docks by the Sections under annual Permissive Use Agreements issued
by the LTPOA:
- Users of LTPOA docks, which include bulkheads and piers (hereafter referred to as docks),
must comply with regulations promulgated by the LTPOA Board of Directors and the Sections; and the
County, State and Federal government, or lose eligibility for dock slips.
- Applicants for dock slips hereby expressly release and discharge the Sections and the London Towne Property Owners'
Association, Inc. from any liability. Applicants shall be required to show proof of current liability insurance
for their boats as approved by the LTPOA Board of Directors.
- Eligibility for dock slips shall be limited to insured boats titled or registered to LTPOA members or bona fide tenants.
- Proof of ownership shall be furnished to the Dock Master for all eligible boats.
- Documented or commercially registered boats shall be eligible for dock slips.
- Any commercial activity from piers or bulkheads is a violation of these regulations and subject to revocation
of dock privileges.
- No boats shall discharge toilet waste or any other prohibited matter into waters surrounding piers or docks. No boats
secured to LTPOA community docks shall be used for overnight habitation (i.e., 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.).
- LTPOA reserves the right to remove any boat from LTPOA property for failure to obtain a renewal for dock slips, or to pay annual fees, or for
a violation of any rule or regulation. Such removal of said boat will be at the risk and expense of the owner. Any boat not
registered properly with the Section Dock Master shall be considered a tresspasser and subject to removal from a dock at the
risk and expense of owner.
- Dock slips shall not be sold, leased, shared, assigned or transferred to another party by the applicant.
- No additions or alterations may be made to existing LTPOA owned piers or bulkheads without first obtaining permission from the LTPOA. All
additions to these facilities become the property of the LTPOA.
- Boats shall be securely tied with suitable lines fore and aft in such a manner as to prevent contacting adjacent boats, docks,
- All boats shall be seaworthy as approved by the LTPOA Borad of Directors or its designee. Boats deemed not seaworthy must be
removed within twenty (20) days.
- Regardless of the number of properties owned, dock slips shall be limited to one slip per property owner or tenant, except as
- Dock slip fees will be established by each Section.
- Renewal applications from property owners and annual fees must be received by the Dock Master prior to January 31 of each
year. The Sections or the LTPOA are not obligated to send renewal notices. Beginning February 1 of each year, applications will
be accepted from property owners who were not assigned dock space in the previous year. Beginning March 1 of each year, applications
will be accepted from year round tenants. Begining April 1 of each year, applications will be accepted from property owners for a
second slip if vacancies exist. Second slip assignments will not be eligible for renewal. If a boat owner does not have his/her boat in the assigned
dock slips by June 1, he/she must furnish the Dock Master with proof of reasonable cause, or relinquish the dock slip without
- Any boat owner who is a property owner of tenant of London Towne, who becomes a non-property owner or gives up his/her tenancy during the year, shall remove
his/her boat from the dock or bulkheads within twenty (20) days without reimbursement.
- There shall be no beaching, launching, securing, etc. of any boats, skiffs, jet skis, sailboards, canoes, or kayaks, etc., except
in designated areas.
- No boats, skiffs, jet skis, sailboards, canoes, kayaks, etc. shall be secured to any LTPOA property not designated for that purpose, nor shall they be permitted
in any designated swim area.
- Any violation of these rules may result in violators being instructed to remove their boats by the LTPOA within twenty (20) days or
being treated as trespassers.